It’s no secret that automotive cars have become widespread with their usage in and around the world. The rise of this industry is an interesting tale, and another chapter in this saga that can completely change the nature of this industry is the rise of connected car solutions, that are being worked on with the advent of the Internet of Things. With the adoption of these connected car solutions, the number of applications and avenues that these services can be used for are absolutely numerous. Here are just a few of the many applications of connected car services.
- Mobility Management: Moving around in a car can get infinitely easier with the advent of connected car solutions. With a large number of benefits such as the relay of live traffic information, parking assistance and optimised fuel consumption to name a few, the car can help passengers reach a destination quickly, safely, and in a cost-efficient manner.
- Vehicle Management: Maintaining a vehicle is an important process, and with the adoption of a connected car platform, it can get easier to manage vehicles through various benefits provided to automotive cars such as vehicle condition and service reminders, remote operation and transfer of usage data.
- Safety Regulations: With a common IoT platform that facilitates automotive cars to stay connected with each other, any unforeseen outcomes can be relayed to other cars, which can take the necessary steps to make sure that the passengers are not affected by these dangers and/or obstructions.
- Options for Entertainment: Various innovative features that arise as a result of implementing a connected car platform can be utilised to provide passengers with a smooth and fun experience. This is provided in the form of an integrated smartphone experience, wireless network, music, videos, internet and social media, to name a few.
- Driver Assistance: With the advent of a connected car platform, it’s not hard to imagine that autonomous car technology and Car-as-a-Service will stop being a possibility and start being a reality. This can be in the form of fully or partially-automated driving, such as operational assistance or autopilot in heavy traffic, parking and highways.
- Driver And Passenger Well-Being: Comfort is an essential aspect of driving (after all, a driver who’s not distracted can focus more on the road), and connected car solutions helps immensely in the improvement of a driver’s ability and fitness to drive. This is achieved through – among other things – fatigue detection, automatic environmental adjustment and medical assistance.
Here are the benefits that can be enjoyed through the integration of an automotive connected car platform.
- Provides a feasible Car-as-a-Service (CaaS) solution: Through the use of an automotive connected platform, it has become easier for manufacturers and OEMs to facilitate effective connected solutions to – among other things – maximise the reach of their vehicles, create car-sharing revenue and initiate revenue-generating opportunities. This connected car solution is imperative if you wish to facilitate effective CaaS and avail the full benefits of connected car solutions.
- Facilitate V2X Technology: The implementation of a connected car platform enables Automakers and Tier 1 suppliers to provide and accelerate the development of V2X applications that can help in facilitating and improving connected car solutions. The development of this technology is important in the current day-and-age due to the rapidly changing nature of the digital landscape, and with the integration of an automotive connected platform, the industry can further develop and optimise these solutions so they can be efficiently integrated with the existing technology.
- Maintain a cloud-based driver profile: Customers want their personal preferences and settings to be universal across all the products they purchase, and this rings especially true for vehicles as well. This need is compounded by the availability of new car ownership models such as car and ride-sharing services that are becoming increasing popular among consumers. One of the most effective ways to smooth out this process is by using an automotive connected platform and creating a cloud-based driver profile that stores a customer’s personalised settings and tracks various other relevant variables as well (the most prominent example being driver fatigue).
- Efficient Vehicular Analytics: With the integration of the automotive connected platform, automakers and OEMs will be able to integrate the technology of the vehicle analytics dashboard and utilise the technology of an IoT platform to collect, filter and analyse real-time vehicular data to improve the daily efficiency of these products that are being rolled out and utilised extensively in the modern world. This will also help you regular vehicle health and identify problems in the manufacturing process to rectify them as soon as possible.